Saturday, July 10, 2010

Minority Report (2002) (8/10)

One reason I may have liked it more was because it got mentioned in context of the sixth sense device the demo of which I had already seen and because I work on large datasets myself. Yet, it was not just the showyness, nor the futuristicness that struck me, but the ability to carve an interesting story within such a far flung possibility, and have enough twists within it, some so obvious that only later you ask yourself why you did not anticipate them. Using precognition to see future murders and to stop them come what may (have happened in the future). The innocence and the cunningness, the dutifulness and the ruthlessness all counterbalance each other well. Timetravel movies can become a bit cliched since you know that different timelines would get resolved in most stories. Here it is not really different timelines though apparently there may be a choice. Or, if you are to believe in minority reports, may be more than a choice.

I own a book or two by Philip K Dick, but have not read them. May be it is time to do so.

Minority Report (2002) (8/10)

No comments: