Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Color of Magic (2008) (6/10)

Had decided to watch this for my love of Terry Pratchett though from past experience I knew that movies don't live up to their print counterparts - and I had not read the book. I wasn't disappointed in what I had thought. The movie was complex enough and many of the usual characters were there - including a troll and the sentient luggage (knowing about diskworld is useful) but it is difficult to bring about the humour in the text. Did get to the see the circumfence and the rimbow though. A lot that should be left to imagination escapes like spells from book of magic and then is not as effective somehow. The tourist lives up to one and is by far the star, if unintendedly. I will leave the turtles be.

The Color of Magic (2008) (6/10)

No comments: