Saturday, November 20, 2010

From Paris with Love (2010) (5/10)

Eiffel tower is shown a couple of times, a drive past Seine once but otherwise this movie could have been shot anywhere. I deplore the use of one of my favorite city's name in this fashion. The movie has elements of espionage and something like a plot but many holes. But clearly like many Hindi movies you are supposed to ignore that and just go gaga over the violence and the attendant nonchalance. Bottomline: if you like guns and shootings and brawls, this is for you. If not, perhaps you could give it a miss.

From Paris with Love (2010) (5/10)

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Well I think there was a little more to the movie then like guns and shootings and brawls, you forgot Travolta with his Ming the Merciless look, and his one liners from the 80’s an 90’s. Those weren’t holes in the plot; they were mini black holes sucking the life out of the movie. The first half of the movie I was trying to figure out where the cocaine dealing wait staff came from at the Chinese office, and why they were carrying an urn it coke around like it was the ashes of someone’ mother. I am glad I missed it in theaters, I only stumbled onto it on Epix page on DISH online, decided since I hadn’t seen it I would watch it while I worked on computers, well it was a good thing I was doing something else because the movie barely kept my attention. At least when I start my work week tomorrow night at DISH I will have something to make fun of with the coworkers.